All the partner organizations involved in this project, even the advanced ones as Germany, are facing issues relating to domestic violence.
The majority of people our partner organizations work with, belonging to vulnerable groups, have suffered from domestic violence frequently.
Following the needs of the partners identified by different means (Needs/ SWOT Analysis etc.) at the level of their organizations we have noticed the need for new practices, strategies and resources for our staff, trainers, and educators to prevent domestic violence, to tackle prejudices and gender stereotypes, attitudes and behaviors that encourage violence, as well as to arm women and men with the tools to stand up to domestic violence
The project aims to develop a strong cooperation at European level among the partner organizations involved in to prevent and combat domestic violence and to overcome patriarchal mentality as a cause of domestic violence
The project has as target group social workers, trainers, educators (psychologists, jurists, journalists, and visual artists) involved in gender education belonging to partners’ organizations. The partners will work together, will learn from each other, sharing the best practices and strategies against domestic violence and for equal opportunities and treatment between women and men.
1.To improve the professional capacity of each partner organization through European collaboration, acquiring new competences and non-formal methods to combat and prevent domestic violence and to overcome the patriarchal mentality by means of 3 Short-term joint staff training events.
2. To prevent domestic violence and to overcome patriarchal thinking through guidance and counselling meetings on one to one basis for 30 women victims of domestic violence, our partners are working with
3. To raise awareness on domestic violence through Awareness Raising Campaign “Stop Domestic Violence” “launched by all partners
4. To strength the network among partners developing a new e-learning tool – “SHE”, a website TV channel of international value, bringing together the best strategies and non-formal methods used by project partners to combat and prevent domestic violence and to overcome patriarchal mentality
The objectives will be achieved through:
* 3 Short-term joint staff training events during which the participants:
-will enrich their knowledge about the forms of domestic violence as well as those forms that easily confused with the care of the other towards you, the factors that lead to domestic violence, the iceberg of domestic violence, the patriarchal mentality, the Stockholm syndrome, the legislative perspective
-will improve the ability to recognize different forms of domestic violence
– will improve the capacity to analyse different situations of domestic violence
-will acquire new practice and strategies to prevent and combat domestic violence
-will develop a culture of gender equality
-will develop ICT competences and media literacy to create video products
-will acquire non-formal methods of participatory arts
-will acquire competences to launch an awareness raising campaign against domestic violence
* guidance and counselling meetings on one to one basis for 30 women victims of domestic violence our partners are working with, using the competences gained during the 3 Short-term joint staff training events
* Awareness Raising Campaigns “ Stop Domestic Violence “ using non-formal methods of participatory arts and competences gained during the 3 Short-term joint staff training events
* the SHE web TV , a channel as digital network among partner organizations will contain videos and materials for preventing and combating domestic violence, useful for NGOs, trainers, social workers, all the society and end-users.
Besides the improvement of professional capacity of each partner organizations through new gained competences of their participants, one of the most important result of this project will be the opportunity to achieved guidance and counselling meetings on one to one basis for victims of domestic violence in order to prevent domestic violence and overcome patriarchal mentality as a cause of domestic violence, providing consultancy regarding their rights, tackle prejudices and gender stereotypes, norms, attitudes and behaviours, encouraging or discouraging attitudes and behaviours that contribute directly to the prevention of domestic violence. Also, the campaign against domestic violence “Stop Domestic Violence” and the SHE web TV will bring the best strategies and non-formal methods to prevent and combat domestic violence, true models to follow by NGOs and also education means for general public at local, national and international level to reduce gender prejudices and stereotypes and stand against DV
LIFE BEYOND TOMBS
Life Beyond Project 2020-1-MT01-KA105-074126 was supported by Malta National Agency as an Erasmus+ project. Genista...